Evaulate a B-spline and its derivatives.
Given the knots and coefficients of a B-spline representation, evaluate the value of the smoothing polynomial and it’s derivatives. This is a wrapper around the FORTRAN routines splev and splder of FITPACK.
- x (u) – a 1-D array of points at which to return the value of the
- smoothed spline or its derivatives. If tck was returned from splprep, then the parameter values, u should be given.
- tck – A sequence of length 3 returned by splrep or splprep containg the
- knots, coefficients, and degree of the spline.
- der – The order of derivative of the spline to compute (must be less than
- or equal to k).
Outputs: (y, )
- y – an array of values representing the spline function or curve.
- If tck was returned from splrep, then this is a list of arrays representing the curve in N-dimensional space.
splprep, splrep, sproot, spalde, splint - evaluation, roots, integral bisplrep, bisplev - bivariate splines UnivariateSpline, BivariateSpline - an alternative wrapping
of the FITPACK functions