x : (N,) array_like
A sequence of values to be binned along the first dimension.
y : (M,) array_like
A sequence of values to be binned along the second dimension.
values : (N,) array_like
The values on which the statistic will be computed. This must be
the same shape as x.
statistic : string or callable, optional
The statistic to compute (default is ‘mean’).
The following statistics are available:
- ‘mean’ : compute the mean of values for points within each bin.
Empty bins will be represented by NaN.
- ‘median’ : compute the median of values for points within each
bin. Empty bins will be represented by NaN.
- ‘count’ : compute the count of points within each bin. This is
identical to an unweighted histogram. values array is not
- ‘sum’ : compute the sum of values for points within each bin.
This is identical to a weighted histogram.
- function : a user-defined function which takes a 1D array of
values, and outputs a single numerical statistic. This function
will be called on the values in each bin. Empty bins will be
represented by function(), or NaN if this returns an error.
bins : int or [int, int] or array-like or [array, array], optional
The bin specification:
- the number of bins for the two dimensions (nx=ny=bins),
- the number of bins in each dimension (nx, ny = bins),
- the bin edges for the two dimensions (x_edges = y_edges = bins),
- the bin edges in each dimension (x_edges, y_edges = bins).
range : (2,2) array_like, optional
The leftmost and rightmost edges of the bins along each dimension
(if not specified explicitly in the bins parameters):
[[xmin, xmax], [ymin, ymax]]. All values outside of this range will be
considered outliers and not tallied in the histogram.